This recipe is very mild. If you want it hot, throw in some chopped jalapeno
or serrano chiles.
Yields 12 enchiladas.
1 can of diced, cooked chicken
2 10-1/2 oz cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint dairy sour cream
2 4-oz cans diced Ortega chiles
4 cups (1 lb) grated sharp cheddar cheese
12 corn tortillas
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine chicken, soup, sour cream and green chiles.
- Heat vegetable oil in small skillet.
- Dip tortillas into hot oil.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons cream mixture onto each tortilla.
- Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons grated cheese on top of cream mixture,
and roll up tortilla. Place in oblong pan or oven-proof baking dish.
- Repeat for each tortilla, putting each filled enchilada seam side down
in baking pan. Enchiladas should fit snugly in the pan so they will retain
- Pour remaining cream mixture over top of enchiladas. Sprinkle generously
with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 325 F. degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.